This section contains everything that doesn’t fit into any of the other categories, so here you’ll find among other things, tags, bookish memes, book spine poetry.
Book spine poetry
I am a terrible poet, but sometimes I like to take a crack at putting some covers together to make a little poem out of book titles. It’s a lot of fun – or it might just be the quarantine speaking here.
My very first tag, where I confess about my book buying habits.
All the beautifully colored covers, I could not resist this tag.
I am still rather new to the bookish memes, but there are a couple that I like to participate in. Here you can find the latest posts from WWW Wednesday, Favorite Friday, and #6degrees of separation; or click the images to continue to their archives where you will be able to find them all.
- WWW Wednesday #7My week has not been great so far. I am currently at home in quarantine awaiting the results of a COVID test from one of my close contacts. If they test positive I will have to do the full quarantine and get myself tested as well. Besides, they are sort of literally breaking the apartment… Continue Reading →
- WWW Wednesday #6I have holidays this week, so I have all the time to relax. I spend my time reading books, watching movies on Netflix, finally playing some games on the PS4 that I got at the beginning of the lockdown, and – if the weather allows – some walks. I feel my stress levels are gradually… Continue Reading →
- WWW Wednesday #5This weekend, I was pretty optimistic. I managed to finish three books on a single day – one of which was for book club, which I finished a healthy two hours before it started. However, after Saturday, I am once again feeling rather overwhelmed with books and work, and I feel constantly stressed because of… Continue Reading →
- WWW Wednesday #4I feel like I start these posts every week with the same message. It’s been a very busy week and I didn’t get much reading done. These words also perfectly described last week. The last couple of days were particularly busy, with very long hours. Besides I think I might have to admit to myself… Continue Reading →
- WWW Wednesday #3Reading is still slow. Last week I said I was hoping to do nothing in the long weekend, but it was not to be. My television was delivered and I spent the Saturday installing and playing with it. The I had sort of forgotten the online conference that I was taking part in, so I… Continue Reading →
- Favorite Friday #5On a Saturday – I know. But it has been a rather crazy week. Very short COVID-update. My friend has tested positive and therefore I am currently in quarantine, dreading the moment I might start developing symptoms. I just had my appointment for the test, and will have to stay in quarantine until Monday regardless… Continue Reading →
- Favorite Friday #4Favorite Friday is a bookish meme which was started a couple of weeks ago over at The Midnight Book blog. Since the prompts posed interesting questions I’ve decided to join. Today’s question is about a favorite spot or time to read. This is another difficult question because I have no definite answer to it. Usually… Continue Reading →
- Favorite Friday #3Favorite Friday is a bookish meme which was started a couple of weeks ago over at The Midnight Book blog. Since the prompts posed interesting questions I’ve decided to join. Today’s question is about a favorite Fantasy book. This is so difficult – do I only get to choose a single one? In the five… Continue Reading →
- Favorite Friday #2Favorite Friday is a bookish meme which was started a couple of weeks ago over at The Midnight Book blog. Since the prompts posed interesting questions I decided to join last week, discussing how my favorite genre is constantly evolving (read the discussion here). This week it is all about an underrated favorite book. I… Continue Reading →
- Favorite Friday #1Midnight Book Blog recently started with these Favorite Friday posts and they are a lot of fun to read, so I wanted to give it a try myself. This week’s prompt is favorite genre. This is a question I get asked a lot and still I don’t have an answer ready. Or, well, the answers… Continue Reading →
- #6degrees of separation #1I saw this bookish meme popping up all along the feed, but I first saw it last month on Bookstooge’s Reviews on the Road. It looks like a lot of fun, so this month I decided to join. #6degrees is hosted by Books are my Favorite and Best and it is based on the principle… Continue Reading →